Erickson Fields, Rockport
This former Rockport dairy farm features a 1.4-mile trail and gardens where young people grow food for the community.
Erickson Fields is great for:
- Walking – Enjoy the family- and dog-friendly 1.4-mile trail that loops through field and forest, past fitness stations where walkers can stop for additional workouts.
- Agricultural Education – Register yourself or a family member for one of Erickson Fields many educational programs that focus on sustainable agriculture. Scroll down for more information.
How to get there
Erickson Fields Preserve is located at 164 West Street, Rockport. From the junction of Route 1 and Route 90 in Rockport, follow Route 90 west and drive approximately three tenths of a mile. After passing the Market Basket, several houses and a short stretch of woods, Erickson Fields Preserve is on your left, across from Cross Street.
For a complete map with legend and guidelines, click on the Printable Preserve Map above.
Erickson Fields Preserve Tour
How Erickson Fields became open to the public
Erickson Farm was a dairy farm for many generations, until the Erickson family stopped farming the land in the 1980s. The family welcomed Aldermere Farm to manage the fields for hay and for grazing Belted Galloway Cattle. When the Erickson family ultimately decided to sell the land, they worked closely with MCHT staff in partnership with Maine Farmland Trust (MFT) to preserve the farm property. MCHT and MFT recognized the value of preserving rapidly disappearing farmland, maintaining a significant green space close to the center of Rockport village, and providing an opportunity to manage the land as a community resource.
This place belongs to all of us. Help us take care of it!
- No Camping Permitted
- No Fires Permitted
- Stay on Established Trail
- Carry Out All Trash
- Including Human and Pet Waste and Toilet Paper
- Keep Pets Leashed at All Times (Help Us Practice Social Distancing)
- Please Respect the Privacy of Preserve Neighbors