In the heart of the Washington County, on Maine Coast Heritage Trust’s Rocky Lake Preserve in Whiting, the Barker Cabin offers unparalleled peace and quiet.
This simple two room cabin with a loft, sleeps 4 and is equipped with the basic amenities listed below. The cabin was recently renovated in 2021 and its new porch features a sweeping view down to Rocky Lake’s forested shoreline. The cabin is surrounded by over 2,200 acres of conserved lands and provides access to Rocky Lake’s expansive shoreline.
The Barker Cabin is seasonally rented on a limited basis. Rate, availability, terms, and detailed directions are below.
Availability, Rate, and Booking
Barker cabin is available for 2-3 night bookings:
- Friday afternoons to Monday mornings
- Monday afternoons to Thursday mornings
Check-in is 2 p.m. Check-out is 10 a.m.
The rate is $110 per night with a 4-person maximum.
Click "Availability", below, to find available dates.
Barker Cabin Details
The cabin comes equipped with:
- A small two-burner camp stove for cooking.
- A sink with an engineered grey water system for washing dishes, water must be brought in or carried up from the lake. Guests will need to bring their own water for cooking and drinking.
- Oil Lamps and some candles for light. Headlamps and flashlights are not provided however it is recommended that guests bring them. Replenishing candles and lamp oil for the next guest is encouraged.
- Two double mattresses, one in the loft and one in the bedroom. Guests will need to bring their own bedding.
- Wood stove with a small firebox. Please note: the cabin is not insulated and guests will need to provide their own wood. Do not cut wood on the property or transport wood from out of state.
- An outhouse is located behind the cabin. Some toilet paper may be provided however guests should come prepared with their own as well.
The Barker Cabin is on a preserve open to the public. While the cabin area is relatively private, you may see other visitors in the area. Please be respectful of other preserve visitors, especially with regards to noise.
For additional information about the Rocky Lake Preserve please visit our preserve page where you will also find a full map of the Rocky Lake Preserve.
Directions to Barker Cabin
From Route 1 in Whiting, turn north onto the Dodge Road. Travel .6 miles and turn left onto the Camp 7 Road (the road will be gravel from here on). In 1.6 miles, bear right up the hill towards Deep Cove. Travel 1.2 miles until left turn at the Barker Cabin sign.
- Full payment is required to hold a reservation.
- Cancellation Policy: 100% refund if more than 30 day notice is given.
- Cabin is self-service, and guests are asked to leave the cabin clean and ready for the next guests.
- Guests provide their own water, food, bedding, paper towels, and toilet paper. Cabin will be supplied with propane, basic dishes, pots, and pans, and kerosene for lamps
- Removal of all trash at the end of stay is the responsibility of the guest.
Contact Eliza Stinneford, 207-729-7366 or for more information.