Associate Director of Information Technology
Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, oversees multi location technology operations leveraging strategic, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to support the strategic planning and business management processes of MCHT.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive technology strategy to achieve the MCHT’s mission and goals, prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate closely with management to ensure proper alignment of technological resources with organizational objectives and integrate efficient processes with the appropriate technology.
- Enhance the organization’s overall understanding of and use of all systems to ensure effective and optimal staff utilization of all IT systems.
- Manage information security and implement proactive initiatives to protect the MCHT’s IT equipment and data integrity from potential cybersecurity threats.
- Oversees management of 60+ workstations dispersed across four locations in Maine, with multiple servers, routers, switches, and VPN devices, performing system upgrades and backups.
- Provide leadership and direction to the IT Business Solutions & Support Analyst
- Remain current with trends in technology to develop annual budgets and projections for the trust’s IT equipment and technological initiatives.
- Manage and monitor contractual obligations of software, software maintenance and technology services vendors; develop new contract amendments or new statements of work for upgrades, integrations, software customizations and professional services.
- Maintain IT infrastructure including server, printer, mobile device, workstation and desktop network(s).
- Oversee application database implementations and modifications hosted locally and in the cloud (e.g. ESRi GIS, AWS, Microsoft Azure etc.).
- Performs Microsoft Windows Server Administration, including DNS, group policy, and active directory.
- Oversee database issues/upgrades, general troubleshooting, and design management.
- Responsible for network administration of internet and data connections between offices and external staff.
- Direct day to day management of IT processes and ensure the effective operation of IT systems with minimum downtime or impact on the ongoing operations.
- Maintain documentation of system procedures.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
- Attendance may be required for periodic evening and weekend events throughout the year.
- IT Business Solutions & Support Analyst;
- In addition – must be able to lead teams both internally and with consultants on various projects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant field with 7+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified herein.
- Experience in evaluation, analysis, and implementation of IT systems and related specifications.
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to understand key trends across technology, both within and outside the organizational environment, and apply this knowledge locally.
- Consistent track record of collaborating to build consensus across multiple levels of the organization.
- Outstanding management, analytical, communication, strategic thinking, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Expert working knowledge of all systems and processes necessary to manage effective network, server, and database administration.
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain computers, hardware, and other components, including servers, routers, switches, printers, plotters, and copiers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Exchange, SQL, cloud services including but not limited to Azure, Office 365, ShareFile, 8×8 VoIP, Endpoint protection services.
- Ability to implement and manage necessary security features such as firewall and anti-virus software.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to people with varied levels of understanding.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed in a normal office environment not subject to extremes of noise, temperature, odor, etc. Operates computer, printer, photocopier, and other office equipment. Work requires extended sitting and repetitive motion in the use of computer, keyboard, and mouse.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a benefits package including insurance (no cost for employee coverage), generous vacation and sick time, and a retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Director IT” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is April 3, 2022.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
Maine Coast Heritage Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission.