Winslow Park, 50 Winslow Park Way, Freeport
Seaspray Kayaking and Paddleboarding
Cost: $65 per person. Includes instruction, PFD, and kayak
Seaspray Summer Paddling Series: Lanes Island Preserve
Explore Casco Bay with Seaspray Kayaking
Maine Coast Heritage Trust has teamed up with Seaspray Kayaking to offer a series of 7 guided paddles to MCHT preserves in Casco Bay this summer!
These trips are offered by Seaspray Kayaking of Brunswick and managed and led by their experienced paddling guides.
Each trip will take you to an MCHT preserve for a one-of-a-kind Maine island experience and a close-up look at the positive impact of land conservation on the Maine coast.
Register for the trip and MCHT will keep you in the loop about more trips and events throughout the year and what you can do to help protect these special places.
Destination: Lanes Island Preserve
Choose a single kayak, a tandem kayak, or a paddleboard for this paddling experience!
This trip departs from Winslow Park in Freeport for a short paddle to nearby Lane’s Island Preserve. Located near the mouth of the Royal River, Lanes Island in Yarmouth is 28 acres and features two camp sites and a few stretches of sand beach and fringing salt marsh.
There will be plenty of time to explore all Lanes has to offer and enjoy a one-of-a-kind island picnic. (Pack a big lunch – you’ll be hungry!)
Been wanting to try out paddleboarding? This island paddle presents the perfect opportunity! This trip is appropriate for adults and children (8 years old and above recommended) of all skill levels. Beginners welcome.
What to bring:
- Water shoes or Teva-type sandals (no flip flops). Your feet will get wet!
- Sunglasses/Straps and a hat
- Water Bottle
- A warm extra layer
- Your lunch and plenty of water
- A small plastic bag for your trash
- Clothing made of quick-dry synthetic fabrics are preferable to cotton
- Your choice of a single or tandem kayak. If you don’t have a partner and want to paddle a tandem, your guide will pair you up with someone.
Every Seaspray trip begins with a safety and skills review on land. Beginners are welcome and encouraged to sign up!
What to expect:
- Winslow Park has an entry fee of $3 for non-residents and $2 for Freeport residents.
- Bathroom facilities: There are bathrooms available at Winslow Park. There are no bathroom facilities on the islands. Be prepared to be one with nature!
- Each person is responsible for carrying out their own trash.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early to park, sign waivers, and get ready.
- If the trip is cancelled due to foul weather in the forecast, we’ll notify you via email 24 hours in advance and you’ll receive a full refund.
- If your plans change, please let us know as soon as you can so we can fill your spot from the wait list. If you cancel at least 48 hours in advance, you’ll receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the trip and no-shows will not receive a refund.
We’re honored to partner with a local outfitter to support this special series of paddles that will take you to Maine Coast Heritage Trust preserves. With a high guide-to-client ratio, these trips offer safe, one-of-a-kind Maine island experiences!
These trips are run by Seaspray Kayaking. All trip details, registration, and trip fees are managed by Seaspray. Maine Coast Heritage Trust supports Maine small businesses committed to conserving and helping steward these special places on the Maine coast.
For more information and questions, call Seaspray Kayaking at (207) 404-1100, or contact Maine Coast Heritage Trust at (207) 607-4366.
This event takes place at Lanes Island, Yarmouth
Located near the mouth of the Royal River, Lanes Island in Yarmouth has drawn visitors to its sandy shores for centuries. | Learn more