Saltwater Shindig 2022
Hosted by MCHT’s Next Wave
You’re invited to join Maine Coast Heritage Trust’s Next Wave for a Saltwater Shindig on The Goslings Island Preserve in Casco Bay.
Join James Beard award-winning chefs from Big Tree Hospitality (you know them as the folks behind Eventide Oyster Co., Hugo’s, and The Honey Paw) for a bountiful feast on a sand bar in Casco Bay—and support coastal conservation while you’re at it! Add handcrafted brews from Maine Beer Company and you’ve got a one-of-a-kind Maine experience.
In a nutshell:
- Delicious food prepared Maine island-style, served on a beautiful Maine island, by James Beard Award-winning chefs
- The finest Maine craft beer provided by our friends at Maine Beer Company served throughout the day
- Come early to experience this amazing preserve with two islands to explore. Sit-down dinner on a sand bar served at 5:30 pm
- Catch a shuttle boat from Mere Point in Brunswick between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm (or until the last guest arrives)
- Get to know a great group of people who care as much as you do about conserving the Maine coast
A classic New England clambake, featuring the freshest Maine lobster, clams, corn, potatoes, and so much more!
Maine Beer Company will be pouring all afternoon and a variety of soft drinks will be available. Wine will be available for our gluten-free friends and served with dinner for everyone. No other adult beverages will be permitted on the islands.
Tickets (includes boat transportation and all food and drink):
- Adult ticket: $250
- Children 12 and under: $100
- Children 2 and under: free
Park at Smith Boatyard, 1003 Mere Point Road, Brunswick https://goo.gl/maps/LEhHQ7miwgotCVJM6
Due to use regulations, we are not allowed to park at the Mere Point Boat Launch.
All cars will park at Smith Boatyard, 1003 Mere Point Road, Brunswick. We will provide van service for the short ride to the boat launch. Please do not park at the boat launch – you will be at risk for ticketing or towing!
Look for the MCHT Parking signs.
- Boats depart from the Mere Point Boat Launch in Brunswick between 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm (or until the last guest arrives). Guests will be taken over in the order they arrive.
- Return shuttle boats will depart The Goslings beginning immediately after dinner at approx. 6:15 pm until all guests are off the island
- We will have shuttle vans running between the parking lot and the boat launch before and after the event.
What to bring:
You know the drill, pack like you’re spending the day outside—bring towels, beach chairs, blankets, sunscreen, hats, bug spray, water, etc.
And of course, extra layers are always a good idea. Be prepared to get your feet wet getting off and on the boat at the island. There is no dock on the island.
Like to swim or wade? Bathing suits are a good idea.
Please note: This is a rugged, uninhabited Maine island that is vulnerable to human impact. There are no facilities here. We will have a rustic “rest room” set up with wag bags for your use. Be prepared to be one with nature! There is an outhouse at the boat launch – please use before you depart for the island.
We will create a rustic “restroom” on the island. This means a private area with “wag bags” for solid waste. Someone needs to poop? This is your solution. Leave No Trace protocols mean we carry everything off the island. Wag bags are easy to use and effective. Simple instructions will be posted. Please assist your children. There will be a trash can there for your completed wag bag. Thank you for minimizing our impact on this beautiful place.
- If we have to cancel due to foul weather in the forecast for August 12, we’ll notify you by email 24 hours in advance. You’ll receive a full refund.
- If your plans change and you cancel:
- Cancellations made after July 28 receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations made after August 9 and no-shows will not be issued a refund.
This event takes place at The Goslings, Harpswell
This trifecta of small islands features idyllic sand beaches and inviting campsites in the heart of Casco Bay. | Learn more