Paddle the Orange River Watershed
Celebrating World Fish Migration Day!
Maine Coast Heritage Trust and Downeast Coastal Conservancy are co-sponsoring a paddle on the Orange River in celebration of World Fish Migration Day.
The day will include:
- Paddle down Orange Lake: enjoy a short hike along the northern lakeshore in MCHT’s Rocky Lake Preserve.
- Paddle and Portage from Orange Lake into Rocky Lake: explore MCHT’s Rocky Lake Preserve.
- Campfire and Picnic: Join us afterward at MCHT’s Orange Lake campsite for a campfire and picnic. Please bring your own snacks and lunch. A special treat of smoked alewives will be provided!
What to bring:
- Bring your own boat, paddles, and life jackets if you have them.
- It will be May in Maine so dress accordingly and be prepared for weather and bugs! Bring an extra layer and a hat.
- Be sure you wear waterproof footwear or shoes you don’t mind getting wet.
Don’t have a boat?
- There are a limited number of boats available free of charge upon request. Contact Jacob van de Sande at email@example.com or (207) 259-5040 to reserve one.
How to get there:
We’ll meet at the MCHT Office at 160 US Rt. 1 in Whiting at 9:30 to carpool to the launch site.
For more information, contact Jacob van de Sande at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 259-5040
MCHT Office, 160 US Rt. 1, Whiting
This event takes place at Rocky Lake, Whiting
Featuring more than six miles of lakeshore and 2,284 acres in Whiting, this wildlife-rich preserve is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts throughout the year. | Learn more