Long Point Community Celebration
Registration is not required for this event, but it will help us know how many people to expect. (We don’t want to run out of snacks!)
Have friends who want to join you? Bring them!
Drop by Long Point Preserve, East Side Road, Machiasport for a morning of beachcombing, snacks on the beach, and exploring the trails and shoreline of Long Point.
Walk the dirt road from the parking areas or catch a free van shuttle to the beach at Cottage Cove. There’s so much to see and do at Long Point!
- Kyle Pepperman from The Downeast Institute will be there pointing out beachcombing treasures and creatures along the waterline.
- Take an optional guided walk to Holmes Point to see the interpretive panels outlining the history of this special land going back thousands of years.
- Explore the trail system that loops around Long Point. Trail maps provided.
- Treat yourself to the snack table or bring your own picnic.
This event is free and open to the public. Bring your friends and neighbors and enjoy a morning at Long Point.
What to expect:
Family friendly! Strollers encouraged if you want to walk from the parking lot. We’ll have a van shuttle for anyone who wants a ride to the beach.
The beach at Cottage Cove is accessible only by a set of stairs down to the shoreline.
Your well-behaved four-footed friends are welcome at Long Point. Please keep all dogs on leashes for this event.
What to bring:
- an extra layer
- a towel, beach blanket, or chair if you’d like to sit at the beach
- sunscreen and bug spray
- water bottle
This event takes place at Long Point, Machiasport
With a rich history, this scenic point in Machiasport boasts incredible natural beauty with sweeping views to the islands of outer Machias Bay. | Learn more