Long Point Community Celebration
Drop by Long Point Preserve, East Side Road, Machiasport for a morning of beachcombing, snacks on the beach, and exploring the trails and shoreline of Long Point.
Walk the dirt road from the parking areas or catch a free van shuttle to the beach at Cottage Cove. There’s so much to see and do at Long Point!
- Kyle Pepperman from The Downeast Institute will be there pointing out beachcombing treasures and creatures along the waterline.
- Take an optional guided walk to Holmes Point to see the interpretive panels outlining the history of this special land going back thousands of years.
- Explore the trail system that loops around Long Point. Trail maps provided.
- Treat yourself to the snack table or bring your own picnic.
This event is free and open to the public. Bring your friends and neighbors and enjoy a morning at Long Point.
What to expect:
Family friendly! Strollers encouraged if you want to walk from the parking lot. We’ll have a van shuttle for anyone who wants a ride to the beach.
The beach at Cottage Cove is accessible only by a set of stairs down to the shoreline.
Your well-behaved four-footed friends are welcome at Long Point. Please keep all dogs on leashes for this event.
What to bring:
- an extra layer
- a towel, beach blanket, or chair if you’d like to sit at the beach
- sunscreen and bug spray
- water bottle
Registration is not required for this event, but it will help us know how many people to expect. (We don’t want to run out of snacks!) Have a friend who wants to join you? Bring them!
This event takes place at Long Point, Machiasport
With a rich history, this scenic point in Machiasport boasts incredible natural beauty with sweeping views to the islands of outer Machias Bay. | Learn more