Trips & Events
Maine Coast Heritage Trust offers you opportunities for fun, inspiration, and education on field trips and events at our preserves all along Maine’s coast. Join us, and invite your friends and family too, to discover and explore the eclectic beauty of Maine's islands, observe Maine’s unique wildlife, and learn about the rich history Maine’s coast and its people.
MCHT field trips are guided by one or more MCHT staff members with detailed knowledge of the preserve.
Current MCHT donors receive a 50% discount on all field trips. Donate today! As an added benefit, donors may bring three guests at the donor rate.
Advance registration for some trips is required, and some include a fee. Our online registration process is quick, easy, and secure! If you need assistance, please contact us at (207) 729-7366.
Because space is limited on our boat tours, we ask that you register for no more than two boat tours each summer to make room for new friends and donors. Thank you!
- 19th, Saturday: Mushroom Walk, Mount Desert
- 20th, Sunday: Pond Island Exploration, Bass Harbor
- 21st, Monday: Clues to the Past in Cobscook Bay, Eastport
- 25th, Friday: Harvest Celebration, Rockport
- 10th, Sunday: Stave Island Open House, S. Gouldsboro
- 17th, Sunday: Long Point Open House, Machiasport
- 30th, Saturday: Hancock County & Waldo County Appreciation Party, Mt. Desert