MCHT Field Trips
Maine Coast Heritage Trust offers a variety of exciting field trips to our coastal preserves, including exploring wild islands, watching migrating hawks, and hiking remote coastal trails. Join local community members as well as Maine Coast Heritage Trust members and friends to discover and explore the scenic beauty of Maine's islands and estuaries, observe nesting seabirds, and learn about the history of the people of Maine in these fragile and sometimes harsh environments.
Each MCHT tour is guided by one or more Trust staff members with detailed knowledge of the preserve. Advanced registration for some trips is required, and some tours include a fee. For details about where to go and what to bring, click on any of the trips for a full description.
Show trips available between and
Weekly Field Trips
- Babson Creek Morning Walks (Thurs April 10 to May 29)
- Vinalhaven Bird Walks (Thurs July 10 to July 31)
- Vinalhaven Bird Walks (Thurs Aug 7 to Aug 28)
- Full August 13, 2014: Blue Hill Bay Boat Tour
- Full August 19, 2014: Hike The Basin on Vinalhaven
- Full August 20, 2014: Frenchboro Hike and Tour
- August 23, 2014: Bog Brook Blueberry Walk
- Full August 24, 2014: East Penobscot Bay Boat Tour
- Full August 29, 2014: Swan's Island Tour