Charitable Gift Annuities
Through MCHT’s Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) program a donor may make an irrevocable gift of cash, securities or other assets, and in exchange MCHT will pay one or two named annuitants a fixed sum each year for life. Payments are based on rates recommended by the American Council on Gift Annuities and are guaranteed by MCHT’s general resources, backed by a reserve account. A minimum initial gift of $10,000 is required; additional gifts of $5,000 are welcome. Donors and annuitants must be 60 years of age or older to qualify for MCHT’s CGA plan.
- Guaranteed fixed income for life
- Rates of return up to 9% for a single life (slightly less for two lives)
- Charitable income tax deduction for a portion of the gift
- Tax advantaged income (some payments will be tax free under most circumstances)
- Reduced capital gains taxes (pay capital gains only on the gain attributed to retained life interest)
- Potential reduction of federal (and possibly, state) estate tax liability
Sample Recommended Guaranteed rates of Return
|Two Life Ages Rate|
These rates are determined by the American Council on Gift Annuities and are adjusted annually. The rates shown are for 2012. See www.acga-web.org/for official rates at all ages and for a variety of two-life age combinations.
To request a personal illustration, please contact David Warren, Planned Giving and Major Gifts Officer. All illustrations and conversations will be done on a strictly confidential basis.