Under the general supervision of the VP of Finance & Administration, performs network, server, and database administration, and ensures the smooth functioning and participates in the planning of the organization’s technology related needs. Performs installation of and provides primary assistance for user hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages 50+ systems with 3+ servers and multiple routers, switches, and VPN devices, performing basic computer and hardware maintenance, installations, and system upgrades and backups.
- Maintains current infrastructure of windows based server network.
- Performs Microsoft Windows Server Administration, including DNS and VPN Services.
- Performs Microsoft Office 365 administration of email in conjunction with outside exchange provider.
- Creates and maintains documentation of systems and system procedures.
- Administers audio/visual connectivity for multisite meetings
- Data management
- Network administration
- Server Administration
- Database administration
- Database issues/upgrades and general troubleshooting
- Server/data management
- New implementation of technology
- Works with internal webhoster and designers to administer websites.
- Responsible for network administration of internet and data connections between offices and external staff.
- Partners with consultants and supervisor, to research, plan for, and implement technology needs for the organization, including servers, desktop systems, copiers, scanners, phone systems, cybersecurity, etc.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day computer and technology issues.
- Provides technical assistance, training, and hardware/software support to MCHT staff.
- Works with outside vendors to maintain phone and internet service and implement new technologies.
- Assists with budget development for the organization’s technology needs.
- Maintains current knowledge related to Network management and technology developments.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
- Regular attendance at the workplace is required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: none
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or computer science field with three to five years of experience in system/network administration and database administration.
- Working knowledge of all systems and processes necessary for effective network, server, and database administration.
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain computers, hardware, and other components, including servers, routers, switches, printers, plotters, and copiers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, GIS, GPS, and other required software being advantageous.
- Ability to implement and manage necessary security features such as firewall and anti-virus software.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to people with varied levels of understanding.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to other office locations.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed in a normal office environment not subject to extremes of noise, temperature, odor, etc. Operates computer, printer, photocopier, and other office equipment. May require ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other office locations. Ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Work requires extended sitting and/or standing and repetitive motion in the use of computer, keyboard, and mouse. This is a permanent, full-time position with a benefits package including health insurance, vacation time, and retirement.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “IT/IS Administrator” in the subject line.
Please visit http://www.mcht.org to learn more about Maine Coast Heritage Trust.
Maine Coast Heritage Trust values diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change